Two ways to download Instagram photos:
1) Google Chrome Developer Tools (best way to download to your computer):
- Open the Instagram image in Google Chrome and click to pop it out (full view).
- Right click (on Mac: CTRL+click) the image and select “Inspect.”
- You’ll see the Elements view. Hit CTRL+F then enter “jpg” so you can find the jpg URLs in the code.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the finder bar to see the next instance of “jpg” until your photo is highlighted (blue tinted/selected like below). It will probably be the second jpg instance (the first is your avatar).
- Highlight the jpg URL and copy it. It’s fine if you highlight the whole paragraph which is more than just the image URL, for example:
<img class=”_2di5p” src=”https://instagram.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/21827421_172300296664014_7469834922526507008_n.jpg” style=””>
- Just paste the whole thing into a new browser window and delete the extra characters. So you’ll have just the URL (beginning with https and ending in .jpg), for example:
- Right click (or on Mac CTRL+click) and hit Save Image As.
2) DownloadGram.com (alright way to download to computer or phone)
- Go to https://www.instagram.com/
- Find the Instagram picture you want to save and click on it.
- Copy the photo’s URL from the web address bar in your browser.
- Go to https://downloadgram.com/
- Paste the photo’s URL into the box with the auto-generated Instagram link, above the Download button.
- Click Download. Then, click the resulting Download Picture button to save your image.
Looking for help keeping your profile private, knowing if someone saw that you liked a photo, or understanding how blocking works? Check out my top Instagram help posts: