- What date did I move to San Francisco?
- Who joined me at the Bruce Springsteen concert a few years ago?
- What was the name of that Portland, Maine dive bar on the water with the oysters we loved?
- When did I first buy raw maca powder?
- What did I wear to Blackdiamondskye?
- Which outfit should I wear today?
- What topics did I research after my first lunch with Sandra?
- How many calories have I really eaten today?
- When am I due for an oil change?
- Credit card purchase history
- Clothing/style analysis (with predictive capability)
- Mobile GPS data (location services) from apps like Google Maps
- Passbook (boarding passes, movie ticket stubs, event badges)
- Messaging app history (iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.)
- When was I happiest during the time I lived in New York?
- Which job offer suits me best?
- When did I know I was in love?
- Upside: wonderful for re-experiencing memories or pulling up information quickly.
- Downside: our memories will get even weaker because we will exercise that muscle less and less. Oh, and privacy.
This week The Digital Dive Podcast covers new Twitter photo filters, standing desk adventures, and a major privacy issue with Facebook/iOS 6 integration that hit a little too close to home for me. Your favorite digital divers are also thrilled to bring special guest Australian Crime Fiction Publisher Liam Jose on the show. Liam chimes in on Australia’s recent controversial policies regarding Internet censorship.
I. Standing Desk Update – How Melanie used stacks of office supplies to prevent cancer
II. Twitstagram- Twitter to add Instagram-like photo filters in the next few months
III. Australian government tries to censor the Internet
IV. The Facebook / iOS 6 privacy nightmare: We learn the hard way about the amount of information iOS Contacts pulls from Facebook based on mobile number and email address.
In Episode 2 of The Digital Dive Podcast my co-host Melanie Touchstone of missmelt.com (@MisssMelt) and I discuss the 8/16/12 Instagram update, pros and cons of Instagram Photo Maps, Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram, and Facebook’s iOS app update. Listen for the frightening third Tip on Tap at the end. Facebook and Instagram …. become Facestagram?
We promise this will be the last episode for a long time in which we focus on Instagram. We do know about other topics. Thanks for listening. Episode 3 will be posted between Monday 9/10/12 – Tuesday 9/11/12.
The Digital Dive Podcast is on Stitcher, the best free podcast streaming smartphone app. If you’re a new subscriber, please sign up with our link below.
The Digital Dive PodcastTM: Get the most out of technology… without ever fully giving in