In Episode 3 of The Digital Dive Podcast my co-host Melanie Touchstone of missmelt.com and I complain about current mobile payment technology holding us back in the slow lane of life, forcing young women to stand at cashless ATMs on Ponce near Murder Kroger.
Listen or subscribe in iTunes
- Apple and Samsung patent lawsuit
- Effects on Pandora stock after announcement that Apple is in talks about an ad-supported radio network to be native on iOS
- Mobile payments and banking apps, NFC, QR code and barcode scanners, Paypal, LevelUp new NFC dock
- Future of FinTech (financial technology)
- McDonald’s French Paypal payment experiment
- Walmart, Target, and Best Buy retailers joining to create mobile payment app Merchant Customer Exchange
- Tips on Tap:
- Google Maps enhanced directions with Pegman to duplex screen
- Digital Color Meter app on Mac OS – graphic design or web dev useful app
- Uber car service mobile app
Note 9/16/12: Clarification — Bump does not use NFC. iPhones do not have NFC.